Tuesday, January 13, 2009

NNCW

Lisa Boyle, West Fairmont Middle
I am working on getting a copy of 'Don't Laugh at Me' with the words. I am also going to ask the art teachers to have the students to make posters and the LA teachers to do a couple of writings - if this fits into their schedules ok. We will probably also do a short message of some sort after the morning announcements. I am working on other ideas. I may try to do a lesson with the 5th/6th grade students

Wendy Werner- Watson Elementary
Fourth Grade showing "Don't call me names video and having the students write up PSA's.
third grade..I am also doing the PSA's and the Don't call me names video..but instead of the video tape they will be creating a cartoon/drawing PSA that i am hoping to display like a large "tower of TV's" on a couple of refrigerator boxes. The worksheet that they are doing them on have a picture of a TV on them and they will create their PSA on the "screen' ...Anyone know where I can get a couple of refrigerator boxes?

Kindergarten..puppets talking about name calling nice nicknames and mean names and the book "Words are not for Hurting"

Melanie Rieser- Blackshere Elementary

I will be doing lessons all month with k-4th grades. I am using a mix of the lessons from NAESP, the video in some of the classrooms (2-4) and the books – Simon’s Hook (K-1), and Enemy Pie. Our Bandit Bit news team will be announcing morning blips during the week of January 26th with the Don’t Laugh at Me soundtrack and book. Sounds good about Wednesday – WVU day.

Rose Mary Reese- East Park Elementary

I am sending a memo to all my teachers and telling them to show the United Streaming video that Wendy told us about – “Don’t Call Me Names” and Stop Teasing Me. I would like to do morning announcements, but haven’t found anything yet appropriate. Any suggestions? I can also use the theme, and have everyone wear blue/gold the date you mentioned

Paula Hatten- Jayenne and White Hall
I am using the Don't Call Me Names's video and the Lesson Number 1 from the Packet of Lessons we downloaded from the NNCW website for my guidance lessons in January and February.
Monongah will be participating in the WVU day
Pleasant Valley will be having an assembly where we are in the works of having a WVU coach or athlete attend to talk to the children about No Name Calling.
All four schools have been given the Morning Announcements from Melanie to be read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula,
    I wrote up my own announcements for our morning news - we use "Words of Wisdom" read one each day - I just wrote 5 to go along with that format. I can email them to whoever would like them. I also purchased the book "Don't Laugh at Me" from Amazon on Monday and received it last night. I have the video and DVD also if anyone would like to borrow. I am just using the book and music for our morning announcements the week of Jan. 26th.

    ReplyDelete