Friday, December 19, 2008

WVU Student Athlete DVD

Barbara sent out an email about these DVD's a little while ago and I noticed that I did not have them. I checked with Mrs. Richman and she had not received them either. I went to the website and requested last year as well as this years DVD and Dr. Atkins was very nice and sent them to me immediately. I have only got to watch a few of the DVD's but I think the middle school kids are really going to like them. The topics are:
Saying No to Drugs with Joe Alexander
The Importance of Education with Ashley Banks
Caring and Compassion with Halimah Bashir
Respect with Mike Dent
Self Confidence with Tito Gonzales
Courage and Responsibility with Alex Ruoff
Reputation with Liz Repella
Honesty with Wellington Smith
Humility and Behavior with Dorrell Jalloh

Here is the website http://saso.wvu.edu/ if you want to check it out. They were sent to the Principal in the hopes that they were give them to who could use it. So you might want to check with them before you request a copy.
Also, if any of you have the DVD's and have used them..post and let us know if they kids liked them, you found them helpful...etc

3 comments:

  1. Has anyone prewieved these? Would they be Ok for elementary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on using some of them in my 4th grade

    ReplyDelete